When it comes to technical SEO, one of the key factors that determine a site’s ranking is the quality and quantity of its content.
Creating linkable content is essential for achieving high search engine rankings since it increases your website’s exposure and potential traffic to your target audience.
Furthermore, your linkable piece of content is one of the most important skills you can have as a content creator.
If your content is easy to find online and easily shared, it will help you to build links and position yourself as an authority in your field.
So, how do you create a linkable asset and incorporate relevant linking?
In this blog, we’ll explain what linkable content is, how to use backlinks, resources, guides, and the important role that the links have on the quality of your content and reaching your SEO goals.
What Makes Link Building So Hard?
Quality link building is difficult because it requires a lot of hard work and dedication.
It’s important to find the right keywords to target your audience, as well as create content of quality that will rank well in SERPs.
You also need to be constantly monitoring your client’s websites for new opportunities to build links that will further improve their online presence, which can be time-consuming and frustrating at times.
However, with a bit of effort, quality link-building can be one of the most successful content marketing strategies for brands looking to increase traffic or reach new customers online.
There are a few key reasons why quality link-building in content can be so challenging;
- Providing a brand that has a low domain authority (DA) with relevant link-building solutions specifically will require you to dig deep into the industry as well as the company, its competitors, and most searched-for topics. (In other words, it is time-consuming!)
- As searches evolve, so too do the keywords that are most relevant for a given topic. This is why it’s important to regularly audit your website and make sure you are including the right keywords in your content.
- You need to use special tools to monitor how productive your linking is. Tools such as Google AdWords and KWFinder
- Pro are helpful in building quality links yet takes an effort in learning how to get the most out of using these tools.
- The algorithms that determine what is ranked as a top query change frequently, so it’s important for businesses to keep up with changes if you want customers to find a page on your site.
How Helpful are Webmasters in Creating a Content Strategy?
Webmasters are the gatekeepers to your SEO success.
They have the responsibility of maintaining your website and making sure all SEO marketing efforts are aligned to reach positive results.
By making use of a trusted SEO agency, you can rest assured that your site will always have the most relevant links and keywords.
Not only will they create catchy headlines and compelling body paragraphs, but also ensure that the links in the articles point back to other relevant pages on the web.
This is imperative for two reasons: first, it helps readers find more information about the topic they’re reading; and second, it allows search engines to index your article properly and rank you higher in search results.
The Importance of Relevant Links
Relevance is key when it comes to ranking in Google, and building links is one of the most important ways to achieve relevancy.
When you’re creating content, make sure that every word counts and that all of your links are relevant to what you are writing about.
Content that’s not relevant is just spammy, annoying, and will cost you.
Your links must also be powerful and interesting.
If people click on a link and find that the site isn’t credible or doesn’t have the quality content they were looking for, they will likely abandon your page immediately.
So, make sure each of your links looks enticing enough to lure readers in even further.
Finally, don’t forget to put some effort into creating backlinks to other high-quality pages on the web.
Not only does this help boost traffic towards your own site (since other sites may attract backlinks favourably), but it also shows off your expertise and helps build trust between yourself and potential readers.
What Makes a Link Relevant and Trusted?
There are a few things that make links relevant and trustworthy.
They should be high quality, relevant to your audience, and well-crafted.
Links that are relevant to your audience will also be more likely to convert because they will be engaging and useful.
Finally, good link-building takes time and effort – it’s important not to rush the process or sacrifice quality for speed.
How and why create proper relevant links?
- Links from high-quality websites are more likely to be trusted by search engines. Make sure all of your links point back to your website with relative authority (relevancy score) and try not to bribe or scare away potential link partners.
- Attracting links from sites relevant to your topic will be more trustworthy than those from unrelated sites. Focus on building relationships with complementary websites rather than competing ones – this will improve the trustworthiness of both your site’s links together.
- The total number of links doesn’t matter – linking out without adding value won’t make people like you very much. In fact, it may hurt your client’s brand to the point of complete disarray. Avoid using bots, automatic linking tools, sneaky redirects, or other questionable methods that could damage your reputation online.
Types of Linkable Content
There are many different options when it comes to the types of links you would want to create, and linking to the right resource has an important role.
Choosing the correct resource for each topic can greatly help you improve your brand or customers’ online footprint towards becoming a relevant resource itself.
Below are some of the most frequent and trustworthy resources to link to;
Linking to definitive guides can help you become more authoritative in your niche.
Definitive guides are carefully researched, well-written overviews of a particular topic that have been drafted by experts in the field.
They use clear and concise language, plenty of images, and real-world examples to illustrate their points.
When you link to a definitive guide on your client’s website, Google will consider it an endorsement from you as an expert in the subject matter.
This will result in higher rankings for your content piece online (and other online platforms).
Users will trust what they find on your site more than they would if it were sourced from a random user or website without any credibility or authority within the niche area.
Long-form content works well for these type of guides.
Press Releases and News
Linking to press releases and news sites can be a valuable way for your client’s website to get exposure.
Not only will these sources of exposure help you build brand awareness, but they also provide your audience with exclusive information that they might spend a lot of time finding.
Plus, linkable pages to relevant press releases and news stories help you bolster credibility and drive more organic traffic.
When choosing which news sites to link to, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- The type of content that the site publishes. For example, if the site is focused on technology news, then it might make sense to link to tech press release sites rather than lifestyle or fashion websites.
- The authority of the source. Sites with high editorial quality are more likely to provide accurate and unbiased coverage of industry topics. Consider linking from pages with high PageRank (PR), since this will legitimize your source more in search engine results pages (SERPs).
- The topic relevance of the article being linked to. If you’re linking out of curiosity rather than because you think it’ll benefit your business, make sure that the story isn’t already being covered by other sources online. Duplicate content penalizes Google’s ranking significantly! Also, be sure not to link out articles that have been deleted or unpublished – doing so could result in negative PR for both yourself and the website hosting your links!
Infographics and Visuals
Infographics are visual representations of data that help explain complex concepts in an easy-to-understand way.
They can be used to communicate information across a wide range of platforms, including websites, social media posts, and email campaigns.
Why link to infographics?
There are a number of benefits to linking to infographics and visuals in articles.
First, it can help break up the text and make the article more visually appealing.
Second, using visual content makes it easier for readers to understand complex topics.
Third, embedding images also allows you to include additional information on your page that you may not be able to fit into the text alone.
And last but not least, linked visuals tend to perform better than standalone images when it comes down to digital marketing.
So, whether you’re looking for extra attention from your audience or just want them to learn more efficiently, including visual content in your articles is a great way to go!
When you link to original research, you are helping your readers find the most credible and reliable information possible.
By providing links to the original sources of information, you are encouraging your audience to explore further on their own.
This allows them to come up with their own conclusions and build a more comprehensive understanding of the topic at hand.
Original research can sometimes include in-depth analysis of certain topics which may require an audience who is already clued up on the topic.
When linking to original research always ensure that your target market is clued up and not looking for learning material.
How to Develop a Resource Guide for Linking in Your Next SEO Marketing Strategy
Developing a quality resource guide for link building in an SEO marketing strategy can be helpful for several reasons.
Most importantly it can give your team a comprehensive overview of what is involved in successful link-building (or just the latest aspects).
It will also help you track the progress of your campaigns and make necessary adjustments as needed.
There are many different ways to develop a quality guide for link building in an SEO marketing strategy.
One approach is to compile all of the information that you’ve learned about linking during your search engine optimization career into one document or website.
Alternatively, you could divide the content into specific topics (such as article submission tips or best practices for creating high-quality articles) and create corresponding guides or tutorials tailored specifically to linked site creation goals.
Link It to Win It
If you consider all the most important factors in quality link building and why they hold the key to your successful SEO marketing campaign, you can easily get started with a newly revisited point of view on how the world wide web accepts your skills. (Or why it doesn’t).
By following this guide on how to create linkable content you can rest assured that your content will be able to link to reliable resources and draw the readers you want.